Why Start Selling Digital Products?
The best thing about digital products is that you make them one time and then sell them over and over again.
The other best thing is that with very minimal costs (or no cost at all), you can get into a global market and have a source of income.
Where to offer digital products:
- On your own blog (Woocommerce on a subdomain)
- On Etsy* (with this link you get 40 free listings when you open your shop)
- Payhip, Gumroad, Lemon Squeezy, Send Owl, etc.
Most new sellers start on Etsy simply because it offers a marketplace, and is simpler to grow. However, if you already have an audience (from your blog or social media) then other platforms are better.
You can always combine platforms to expand your customer base more easily.
What to offer:
📔 Planners and Journals: Organization and self-improvement are always popular. Create beautifully designed digital and/or planners, goal-setting journals, and productivity trackers that your audience needs.
These products are high in demand around the beginning of the year, so if you plan on getting into it, get started now.
🔖 Digital Bookmarks: You could create customizable digital bookmarks that your audience/customers can use to elevate their reading experience.
🖌️ Clip Art and Graphics: Design clip art, graphics, or digital illustrations. If you are not a designer, you can always try using AI to create amazing graphics and sell them on their own or as print-on-demand products.
📖 Private Label Rights (PLR): You can offer high-quality PLR content, such as articles, e-books, or templates, that bloggers and small business owners can customize and use as their own. It’s a time-efficient solution for content-hungry audiences. If you are interested, I have a whole section on PLR on my blog.
How To Create Irresistible Digital Products?
Here are some tips to ensure your digital products stand out and attract a loyal customer base:
- Know Your Audience: This is the most important thing, you need to understand your audience’s pain points, interests, and aspirations to tailor your digital products to address their needs and offer solutions.
- Quality and Presentation: Create digital products that look polished and professional, reflecting the value they bring.
- Promote Creatively: Use your blog, social media channels, and email list to promote your digital products. Showcase them as must-have tools that enhance your audience’s lives.
To sum it all up, I’d say that you should definitely start selling digital products if you’re thinking about it — just be patient and flexible with yourself.
This is not a get-rich-quick scheme; your ability to build a successful business hinges on the quality of your products and services.
Take your time, find a niche where you can excel, and before long you’ll be living (and breathing) the digital product life.
This post was originally published on Medium.